Monday, January 26, 2015

Disney, Music, and Cuddles. (An opinion)

I just saw a post in which someone described their perfect guy as someone who would cuddle, listen to music, and watch Disney movies. I feel compelled to argue. I was there. A guy who rarely ever wanted to let me go. He was obsessed with music. He loved kid movies. Everyone thought we were perfect, but ya know what? 

Being with someone who is content just laying around all day can be extremely depressing. He always told me that if I wanted to do something I should just mention it, but that meant unless it was something we could do in our rooms I had to come up with all of the details. We women may think that cuddling is the ultimate form of affection, but I have to insist that, at least in my case, that isn't all that we need. 

I feel my blood boil and my heart pound when a guy can actually talk to me about whatever conversation happens. I love it when a guy says "so ya wanna go somewhere?" I love feeling like I'm part of their adventure, and then it becomes my adventure too. If all you do is watch Disney movies and cuddle when will you feel comfortable saying "I really wanna try that new tai place, we should go." I know my ex may have been interested for a half a second, but we wouldn't go that night, we would probably put it off until some special occasion, and that hurt. 

We expect that we will suddenly just know these people, that they'll get us, especially if all they want is to cuddle and listen to our favorite music. I'm not saying those aren't important things, but do you want a new guy that you're  seeing to just sweep you off your feet and dump you into your bed and plop Netflix in front of you? Girlfriend if you need a cuddle buddy for a princess movie marathon you may want to give one of your gal pals a call. I get it. Disney is romantic, but if he starts tearing up when the beast dies are you sure this is your prince? 

I apologize if this seems at all like I'm suggesting that men should "Man up!" Or girls can't like sensitive men. Speaking from my own experience as a woman who has been taught that Disney is the root of all romance and that cuddles are like meth for women, I have to object! 

Nice guys, if you really like Disney, more power to you, but tell ya what, how 'bout we watch Lady and the Tramp and then go out for spaghetti and a starlight walk? Or how about getting some fairytales from the library having a snugglefest and then a snowball fight like Beast and Belle? Or let's go for a boat ride and have crab dip at a shore shack and then walk down the beach? 

I know this kind of stuff isn't for everyone but please ladies, stop giving lazy guys all this praise for tolerating the movies that you want to watch. 

Of course this isn't everyone. I know. Again I sincerely apologize if I've offended anyone. I am just so tired of seeing girls that I care about end up with guys who really don't try very hard, while these girls are constantly thinking "how can I make him happy next?" 

Gallantly 

No comments:

Post a Comment